quarta-feira, 1 de junho de 2016

Looking forward, rarely backwards: The wisdom of larrikin Bob McTavish - Drift Surfing

Since 1962 surfer and shaper Bob McTavish has experimented, refined and help redefine the way we surf today. From his base in Bryon Bay he and his crew craft world class boards. The ever-cheerful Mr. McTavish puts down his planer for a few minutes with Drift. How was Spain? Did you get in the water much? I shaped in San Sebastián in Spain, at Pukas/Olatu, and stayed in Guéthary, so I surfed there amongst the crowd. But I love the place. An old favourite spot. Matt Warshaw describes you as ‘Cheerful Australian shaper’ you certainly have a reputation for being one of the happiest people in an industry full of cynics. What’s your secret? And can I have the patent? I’m a positive person who is always looking forward, rarely backwards. I’m convinced the Creator will soon step in to sort out the planet, so that really helps. Plus surfing/shaping is my only specialty, and I’m born for it and love it. How do you feel the role of the shaper is evolving with the addition of shaping machines and increase cheap mass produced foreign imports? Machines have their place. Firstly producing the endless numbers of very similar short boards,… View More »


Fonte: Looking forward, rarely backwards: The wisdom of larrikin Bob McTavish – Drift Surfing



Looking forward, rarely backwards: The wisdom of larrikin Bob McTavish - Drift Surfing

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário